During the first 24 hours ensure any bird droppings, tree sap etc are wiped away immediately.
If you notice that your car gets bird droppings, tree sap etc. during the curing period immediately remove it following our care instructions.
Hand Washing is the best and safest method to ensure you get the best out of your ceramic coating.
If you have a pressure washer it is best to use the pressure to rinse the vehicle to remove the dirt, bugs and grime.
Follow by using a foam cannon to foam the whole vehicle down. At this time use a microfibre to wipe over rims, leaving the foam to soak on the vehicle penetrating the remaining decontamination. Rinse the foam off after 3-5 mins (DO NOT let the foam dry on the vehicle)
Foam the vehicle for the second time and gently wash from the top to bottom rinsing you wash mitt after each panel.
Dry you vehicle to prevent water spotting.
Self Serve Car Wash
Select the high pressure soap. Soap the car down (never use the provided brushes especially on the paint!), hand wash with a microfibre sponge or wash mitt, rinse the car off with the high pressure rinse. Dry with clean microfiber towels.
Automatic Car Wash
Avoid automatic car washes, these machines scrub the paint work with brushes and can cause excessive scratching and abrasion to the coating.
- For best results the car should be washed on a fortnightly basis to avoid excessive contamination build-up.
- Avoid washing in direct sunlight to avoid water spotting.
- Hose down thoroughly to remove any loose contamination.
- Always use a pH Neutral car wash shampoo.
- Reduce surface friction by using high quality microfibre wash mitts free of debris, never rub or scrub the paint.
- Always use a separate wash mitt or sponge for the wheels
- Work top down as heavy dirty and grime accumulates on the lower panels, rinse your wash mitt regularly to ensure dirt and grime is not being put back onto the paint.
- Avoid letting tap water dry on the surface, as this may cause water spotting.
- Always use a soft microfibre drying towel free of debris, never rub or scrub the paint.
- Avoid using leather or pva chamois.
A soft hand wash is the recommended method of cleaning your vehicle. Automatic car washes, diy brush washes or car wash cafes can cause damage to the coating due to abrasion.